Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Sitting outside

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:16 am

Hester sat down outside the ice cream parlor. It was a warm day and she had decided to treat herself.

She clutched her strawberry and peanut butter ice cream and gazed out over Diagon Alley, at all of the people bustling around doing their shopping. She wondered how she had managed to get this far. The years seemed to have gone by in a flash.

She wondered if anyone would come up and talk to her. She hadn't seen any of her friends since the school term had finished. Not even Lavender.

She probably should have owled someone, but it would have felt weird, she wouldn't have known what to write.

She pulled her book out of her bag. It was a new one and it was really good. Another muggle book, of course. She liked muggle fiction better than wizarding fiction.
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:19 am

James had ditched the parents and annoying brother and walked down the street of Diagon Alley, coin bag reasonably full with promise of buying his school supplies but more importantly, a brand new broom. As he walked by the Ice-cream parlour, James recognised a familiar face; a fellow Gryffindor.

"Heya Hester," James greeted as he stopped by her table. The last time he had spoken to her they had been playing Armour Tag along with Natalie and Andy. That had been fun until Hamilton caught them. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:59 am

Hester jumped, but then she realised that it was only James. She hadn't seen him in a while.

"Hey, James," she said, smiling. Her voice sounded quieter than usual, but she figured that was probably because she had barely used it over the summer. She layed her book on the table. "Done your shopping?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:15 am

James shook his head at her question.

"Nope. Not yet. I was about to start, but I kinda got distracted by the thought of ice-cream. Can you blame me though? That stuff is amazing. How about you? All shopped out?"

He looked down at the book she placed on the table. "Not reading school books already are you? I really think you should have been a Raven," he teased the fellow Gryffindor jovially.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:19 pm

"I've picked up a few bits," she said. "Not got everything yet though."

She laughed.

"No, it's not a school book," she said. "Just some novel my mum wants me to read. She has a massive list of books I have to read before I die."

She tailed off, wondering whether her mother would have time to send her books this year. The gaps between the parcels had been getting longer and longer all through last year.

"You gonna get an ice cream?" she asked, smiling again. Maybe a little too wildly, but better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:00 pm

James shook his head, laughing. "Seriously? Merlin, I would die before I got through a list of books to read before dying. Or maybe I'd just off myself instead of trying to complete such a list. Dead serious. Reading and me don't mix." James scratched his chin. "Well.. except if it's Quidditch related. I swear that's how I learnt to read. Quidditch Through the Ages, The Beater and the Bludger, Chasing the Dream and so on. I guess it's the only thing I would read."

James nodded, "I think I might." He walked inside and returned five minutes later with a chocolate hazelnut fudge ice cream in a cone. He took a seat opposite Hester and leaned back in his chair throughly enjoying the sun that was warming his back.

"Looking forward to going back to Hogwarts?" he asked the girl.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:26 am

Lavender walked absentmindedly down Diagon Alley, looking in shop windows as she went. She'd already brought her supplies, so wasn't sure why she was even here. She couldn't help but wonder whether Hester was around somewhere, it sounded weird but it felt like the red head was here. Lavender could tell that Hester was close, though she didn't know how. Instincts she guessed. The smell of fresh fruit and cream wafted past her as she neared Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. It was there that she spotted the red hair she'd been looking for.

"Hester!" Lavender rushed forward, only to slow herself down when she noticed her girlfriend wasn't alone. She made her way forward, waving a hello to both of them before putting a hand on Hester's shoulder. "Hey," She smiled at Hester widely then turned to the boy across from her. "Hi,"
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:26 pm

"Hey Lavender!" Hester said happily when her girlfriend seemingly appeared out of nowhere. "Sit down," she said, smiling.

She looked back over to James. "Yeah, kind of," she said in reply to his question about Hogwarts. She was looking forward to it more than she let on. She felt like she would die if she stayed at home any longer.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:35 pm

Lavender smiled thankfully and took the seat next to Hester. It took her a minute or so to decide whether she should put her arm round the red head. Did Hester want to be so public about it. Did she worry about what James would think? Lavender had a feeling he'd understand.

After careful consideration Lavender bit her lip and shifted her chair closer to Hester's. Enough so she could hold the other girls hand.
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 pm

James nodded. He felt the same. He looked forward to seeing everyone again but studying and classwork was the bane of his exsistance.

He turned his head when a voice called Hester's name. He had seen her around the school and although he didn't know the owner of the voice personally, Hester obviously did. She practically beamed when she saw her. James extended his hand to introduce himself as she sat down.

"James Wilson," he said, smiling. He had a feeling that the girl was a Slytherin but James wasn't bothered by that. He half wondered if she and Alli were friends.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Hester smiled when James introduced himself to Lavender. Before the other girl could answer, Hester said:
"This is Lavender."
She liked the fact that she had someone to introduce her to, just like her girlfriend had introduced Hester to her brother.

"Are you gonna get an ice cream?" she asked, hoping that Lavender would stay and sit with them. She liked having her around.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Lavender smiled at the boy she now knew as James, about to speak when Hester did it for her. It made her grin even more, being introduced by her girlfriend. She shook his hand happily.

"What she said," Lavender nodded towards the red head with a quiet laugh that was only audible to her before letting go of his hand. Just her first name was enough for now, her surname just caused people to judge her too soon. It frustrated her like that. When Hester spoke again Lavender had to think for a second before nodding. "I might in a minute," She smiled, shifting even closer to her girlfriend. The closer they were the more comfortable Lavender felt.

"So James, you're a fellow Gryffindor?" It was a bit of a boring or obvious question but she didn't want them to have to sit in silence. James seemed like a nice guy, he was rather handsome too. His eyes were nice, his hair looked soft. Lavender mentally slapped herself, pushing the thoughts from her mind and turning to gaze at her girlfriend. Her beautiful red headed girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

James nodded, grinning. "That's right. Best house, there is, if I do say so myself," he said, in a teasing manner, knowing both Hester and himself were in the same house. He really couldn't imagine being in any other house, nor did he really want to.

He continued to eat his ice-cream, which had proceeded to melt slightly, as he thought about a subject they could discuss.

"You guys gonna try out for the Quidditch team this year?" he asked, particularly interested if Hester would, as she was a Muggleborn.

"I think I might."

Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:29 am

Lavender grinned. This James was going up in her estimations, he'd picked a very good topic.

"The best house? We'll see about that," She smirked playfully. If she ever debated about houses it was only for a laugh, as Lavender wasn't that proud of being in Slytherin.

"Quidditch? Of course! Love the game!" She glanced at Hester before continuing. "What position do you want?"
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 am

James smiled as Lavender responded positively to his question. That would make the flow of conversation a whole lot easier.

"Well, originally I really wanted to try out for Beater, but I think I may go for Chaser instead. I wouldn't mind being Seeker either, but I don't think my eyesight is good enough for it. I think I'll just be happy if I get a place. What about you guys?"
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:53 am

Hester grinned.

"I'm trying out," she said, remembering how much she had enjoyed her flying lessons.
"I read up a bit about it so I'm pretty sure I know where I stand. I want to try out for seeker."

She was glad that James wasn't completely interested in being a seeker, it would have made her feel awkward.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Lavender watched her girlfriend's features as she talked, admiring them some what. The red head was so beautiful and elegant and smart and- well, everything. Lavender couldn't begin to describe how she felt towards the girl. Love didn't seem to cover it, though it would suffice for now.

"I'm sure you'll both do great," She grinned, taking Hester's hand and squeezing it happily.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Hester smiled.

"Thanks," she said happily, glad that Lavender was holding her hand again.

She was still quite nervous inside about the try outs, but she could only do her best, couldn't she? And she had to try. She was a Gryffindor, she wasn't going to give up before she had even tried.

She finished off her ice cream, sad that it was gone now, because it had been so nice, but it had been starting to melt anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Lavender grinned back at her girlfriend, observing her as she finished her ice cream.

"Do you want another? I'll get it," She asked, noting the disappointment on the red heads face once the last slither of dessert was gone. If Hester said yes Lavender might treat herself to one too. She wasn't sure yet. How many calories were in ice cream? Something she couldn't remember.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 am

Hester thought for a moment.

"No, I'm fine," she said. She shouldn't have another one. She'd been eating way too much junk this summer.

She smiled at Lavender.

"You get one for you, though," she said, seeing as her girlfriend hadn't had one yet. "Go on, they're really nice."

She gave her a little push.

"Go on, I'll get you it if you like."
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:18 am

Lavender frowned when Hester said she wouldn't have another, though it faded when the red head tried to push her to get one anyone.

"Okay, okay," Lavender laughed lightly before getting up and going into the shop quickly. She didn't want to be long. A minute later she returned with a mint chocolate ice cream, licking it happily. "Happy," Lavender sat back down, planting an ice creamy kiss on Hester's cheek.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 pm

"I am now," said Hester, smiling. She looked over at James, who hadn't spoken in a while, hoping that they weren't freaking him out by being so... close. But she felt comfortable acting like this, and it was nice feeling comfortable after a whole summer of being on edge.

"Ugh..." she muttered. "Why is it so hot?" The weather was way too warm for her liking, and she was seriously considering changing her mind about the second ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Lavender grinned, licking her ice cream several times before replying with a nod.

"It's boiling isn't it? This ice cream is good. Want a lick?" She held her cone out for Hester, unsure as to whether the red head would want any or not. Lavender's eyes lingered on her lips for a second before returning to looking at her pretty face.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Hester smiled and took a quick lick of the ice cream, her eyes flickering over to James who hadn't said anything in a while. She hoped that they weren't making him feel awkward..

"Mmmm," she said. "Good choice."

The ice creams from here really were good, better than any of the Walls stuff she'd had when she was little.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Lavender grinned when her girlfriend tried her ice cream. Though she noted Hester glance at James, who hadn't said anything in a while. Maybe they were creeping him out, hopefully they weren't though. James seemed like a level headed person who would understand, in a way he was in the same sort of situation they were. Even if he didn't know it or thought she didn't know. Lavender had learnt to be very observant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sitting outside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sitting outside   Sitting outside Empty

Back to top Go down

Sitting outside
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next