Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Ollivanders April 2011

Go down 
+28
Alexandria Parker
Riley-Ann Mackenzie
Lewis Williams
Jacob Beauchamp
Megan Rose
Raven Drake
Ashwin Turner
Elena Parkinson
Evangeline Greene
Danielle Valencia
Caden Callaghan
Ainslee James
Cassopeia Marling
Ethan Carter
Lavender Parkinson
Gabriela Marcela
Taura Malfoy
Elijah Owens
Fiona Millington
Serenity McAdams
Lachlan Normandy
Hunter Montgomery
Aurora Greengrass
Landon Montgomery
Sunny Swan
Kaoru Tanaka
Liz McCutney
Louis Weasley
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Megan Rose
First Year
Megan Rose

Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 pm

From what Megan heard, getting your first wand was an exciting experience. She had never been to the wand shop before so she didn't know what she was supposed to do there. When she arrived, she noticed there weren't too many people there. In this store she was going to get in, get her wand and leave. From what she had heard the store could be a little strange at times and she didn't want to stick around and find out for herself.

Before she knew it a man popped out in front of her causing her to jump backwards. "Evening Miss, I'm Mr. Ollivander what can I do for you today?" So far what people had been telling her was true. The shop was really strange. She only hoped she'd make it out with her wand quickly.

"Hi Mr. Ollivander, I'm Megan Rose. I'm in need of a wand please." Obviously she was in need of a wand. She felt stupid telling him that. What else would she be there for? "Of course miss. Give me just a moment." He smiled at her kindly and then popped back into an aisle. She could hear him shuffling about and decided to go wait for him at the counter about five feet away.

He seemed to appear right in front of her with a handful of wands. "All right miss let's see which of these fit you." He smiled at her again and pushed the wand boxes in front of her. Megan tried the first four without any luck. Finally the fifth one seemed to work very well. Ollivander smiled at her. "Very good. This wand is a eight inch, Beech, with Unicorn Hair. I think you'll be very successful with this wand."

Megan smiled at Ollivander and thanked him before putting her wand back in the box and scurrying out of his shop. She couldn't wait until she was able to show her mother and Molly the wand she got.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Jacob entered the shop hesitantly, looking around the musty shop warily. Despite being raised on Pureblood traditions and hanging out with Pierre when they were little, the concept of magic actually being in organized areas was still new to him.

"Hello, Msr. Beauchamp." Jacob jumped as a tall, creepy old guy appeared from the shadows.

"Uh, I'm not French, s-sir."

The man smiled creepily. "Ah, I forgot. Now, let's get you fitted with a wand, shall we?"

Jacob watched as the man hurried around the back wall, before finally sliding out one box.

"Maple, 16 inches with a thresatal hair core. Go ahead, give it a whip."

Two minutes later, Jacob ran from the shop, leaving the back wall smoldering and a certain wandmaker wondering how such an innocent little boy could cause so much destruction.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Lewis didn't mind getting his wand it would be quite exciting he just hoped he wouln't be too much longer. He entered the shop and nodded at the man standing behind the counter. The man smiled at him "ah I see you need a wand?" he asked. Obviously. Lewis thought, but he was a polite child so he simply nodded. "now let me see what I get" the shopkeer said disappearing into the shadows. He came back and handed Lewis a wand and instructed to give it a wave. He did as he was told and a stack of boxes in the corner came crashing down. any wands later and Lewis was getting impatient, he really wished he didn't have to do this whole shopping thing. EVentually he found the perfect wand. "13 inches, willow and unicron hair" he was told. He smiled a little as he left the shop, not much longer until he could go home.
Back to top Go down
Riley-Ann Mackenzie
First Year
Riley-Ann Mackenzie

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Riley was beyond excited when she entered Olivanders. She had told her mother that she wanted to get her wand alone, but now she was regretting it. She entered the shop quickly and glanced around at all of the wands on the walls. Her parents had both told her that she would be needed to feel how different wands worked for her. She didn't understand what they had meant. She shook herself from her thoughts and approached the counter, smiling at the wand maker. She shoved her nerves into a little box in her mind and said, "I need a wand. I will be going to Hogwarts this year, and I need one to go."

She internally rolled her eyes. He knew that, Riley, she told herself in her head. She continued on anyway, and said, "Do I need to try some wands?" The man smiled at her, a look of understanding in his eyes. He watched her for a few moments, before turning around. She wondered how hard it would be to find the right wand with all of the options. He returned with four boxes and a smile, "I'll start you off with this one."

She took the wand that he held out to her and felt it. She raised it like she saw her father do, but shook her head. It was the wrong length. She could tell. She passed it back and tried the next one. It was a good length, but the feel of it in her hand was not right. She tried adjusting her grip, but it still had no success. She frowned and handed it back. She looked at the shopkeeper and said, "Third time lucky?"

He smiled, a twinkle in his eye and said, "Beautiful things cannot be rushed and the bond between a magical person and their wand is truly beautiful." The eleven year old found herself momentarily questioning the man's sanity, until her fingers brushed the third wand. It wasn't anything big. Just a kind of spark. She smiled and read the label on the box in a whisper, "11 inches, Holly wood, Dragon Heartstring."
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Parker
First Year
Alexandria Parker

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Alex had been waiting for as long as she could remember for a wand and she wasted no time in going into Ollivanders. She had heard nothing but good things about the shop and couldn't wait to see what kind of wand she would.

"Hi, I need a wand, please?" She said quickly, feeling a little nervous as the shopkeeper continued to stare at her. He seemed to be studying her, reading all of her inner thoughts. She shivered and wished he would stop soon or she might just bolt. Alex took a deep breath before returning his stare full on, she wasn't a coward so she didn't know why she should be afraid.

Finally he seemed to pull out of his daze and looked at her with a smile. "I have just the wand for you." He rummaged around his shelves and she wondered how he could know exactly which one he needed and where it was. from what she could tell there were thousands upon thousands of wands in this store. "Ah here it is, try this one out for me, dear?"

Alex took the proffered wand and her hand tingled as she felt warm heat rush through her fingers and a small shower of sparks was let out.

"Exactly what I thought, 12 3/4" Elm wood, Phoenix Feather." He said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Zuko Kurisan
First Year
Zuko Kurisan

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:08 am

Zuko slowly entered the shop, hands shoved in his pockets resolutely. Looking around, he wondered why a wandmaker needed so many boxes. He probably got less than fifty customers a year, if less.

"Hello there, Mr. Kurisan." Zuko jumped and turned, eyes widening at the sight of a shriveled up old man.

"Ni hao," Zuko said back, just repeating the man's greeting. When a confused expression crossed the man's face, Zuko rolled his eyes. "Hello," he said briefly, holding out his right arm. Measurements were quickly over, and Ollivander hurried across the wall of wands, muttering to himself before finally choosing a wand box and opening it.

"Here you go, young sir. 10 and one fifteenth inches, holly and threstal hair." Ollivander said with false happiness in his voice as Zuko slowly took the wand. Warmth and tingles spread throughout his arm.

"I take it." he said in choppy English, paying the strange man before leaving, not seeing Ollivander curse himself for choosing the wrong wand to choose Zuko.
Back to top Go down
Marcus McCutney
First Year
Marcus McCutney

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:50 am

Marcus, of course, tripped the moment he entered the shop. He heard Liz snicker and glared before sighing and standing. "Hello," he muttered to the man, eyes attached to his feet. "I'm here for a wand."

The moment he said that, he felt a choice being stuck in his hand. He waved it a bit. A vase that seemed to be there for the sole purpose of breaking burst into about a million pieces. The odd wandmaker (who, as Liz had told him, never seemed to blink) snatched it back and stuffed another one in his hand. This one felt a whole lot better; when he flicked it, red sparks flew through the air. "9 1/2 inches, Ash with a thestral core, very good," he heard the man mutter. He thanked him, gave him the money, and walked out with a brand-new-super-awesome wand.
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Kutoutuo entered the shop before seeing a strange man at the counter with a box right in front of him.

"10 inches, Ash with Unicorn Hair." the man spoke as he pushed the box towards Kutoutuo, who opened it and picked up the wand. From the tip, a golden light erupted before vanishing.

He then paid for the wand and the strange man took the coins. "Thanks, now beat it, kid!"

Kutoutuo quickly left the shop, seeing no other purpose to remain.
Back to top Go down
Emilia Jackson
Second Year
Emilia Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Emily walked apprehensively into Ollivanders. She was worried about meeting the old man; she'd heard many rumours about him and his wand-making. As she was approaching the counter, he rolled past her on a ladder. She hadn't seen him till that moment.
"Oh, my -" she gasped. "So sorry, sir, I didn't see you there."
"Quite all right, my dear Emilia." Ollivander smiled. "Have I met your family before?"
"I'm Muggleborn, sir," Emily said quickly, a bit shocked at his knowing her full first name.
"No need to be frightened, love," he said soothingly. "Now, let's find you a wand."
About twenty minutes later, Emily, her hair askew and her right sleeve ripped, had found herself a lovely wand of elm, exactly nine inches long with a strong phoenix-feather core.
"Thank you most kindly, Mr Ollivander, sir," she said politely, placing some coins on the counter.
"No thanks needed, my dear," replied Ollivander, pocketing the coins. "Off you go then."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2206590/JedediahForeverMD
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ollivanders April 2011
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2